Thread: All downloads through IDM corrupted on Windows 10

All downloads through IDM corrupted on Windows 10

I don't know whether I am the only one who is facing this issue. I am using IDM 6.21 on my Windows 10 pc. I am using some sites to stream music files. So here IDM allows me to download the same. But alter on when I check those files are corrupt. The size showed is 0KB. But at the time of downloading IDM shows me a 6MB size of that audio file. I am not able to figure out why this is happening and it is happening for each of my files. Even some videos from YouTube is also giving the same problem. What should I do to fix the problem.

Re: All downloads through IDM corrupted on Windows 10

Try to change the location where you are downloading the files. By default I think IDM create a default download folder on the desktop. You can then simply download all files in that. If the place where files are downloading is less then your download files will get corrupted. Try to choose something in a hard drive partition. Like in the F or in the E drive. Just create a folder in that and then set the default location there and done. Your all files will be downloaded there and if they are still getting corrupt then you have to change the IDM version.

Just change the download location as it is mentioned above. It will surely work. I hope you are not using a cracked version of IDM. Because this kind of issue mostly occur on such cracked version. There are some other good download manager which you can try out and test them. And if you are getting the same kind of error then it means the issue with the OS. You have to format your system and install it back again. Just take a backup of your data also because it can get damaged if this kind of issue persist.

I am using flashget and I think this one is better than IDM. Because it works in lot more better way and has no issue at all. It works very much similar to IDM but there are more features in it. IDM at some point is a paid tool and if you are trying to use a free edition then you will get limited features on the same. Compare to that if you go ahead and use Flashget then you get more options and it also works in lot more better way. You can go and check in the settings. There is a tiny floating icon on the desktop through which you can simply access it anytime.

There are ample of download managers which you can test out. If you are not happy using IDM then there are others more that are worth using and offer you many extra features. Flashget is one of them. Almost all download managers comes with a browser addon that gives you a smooth download and it will let you to manage your files also. UGet is the one that you must try out once. Becuase it has some extra features and it also has a good UI. It is easy to use and gives you ample of nice options to download and manage your files. Or you can try out Orbit Downloader.

I do not think there is any download manager better than IDM. It is lot more better and easy to use. It is smooth and has settings that you need to download files. You can create a folder where you want to save all your files. You can just manage that easily. Here I will recommend you to run disk defragmentation first. Or just scan your hard drive with some third party disc scanner. If there are bad sectors or some kind of hardware fault then you will be able to locate that really fast.