Thread: How to enable Charms Bar in Windows 10 Technical preview

How to enable Charms Bar in Windows 10 Technical preview

I recently have installed Windows 10 Technical Preview in my laptop. After fiddling a bit in this Operating System, I found out that the Charms Bar is not working in my computer, does this mean that it is disabled completely in this new OS? If so, then can anyone tell me how do I enable charms bar in Windows 10 technical preview? If this is still not added then I am hoping that microsoft will add this settings to use because I really enjoyed it alot. Thanks

Re: How to enable Charms Bar in Windows 10 Technical preview

No Microsoft has not eradicated charms bar totally on Windows 10 Technical Preview. You still get the bar after hitting Win+C along with. But you can't open it with your mouse as you used to do in Windows 8 and 8.1.

I am thinking that the if you use the mouse and move it the pointer to the top right or bottom right then you will find that it has been disabled but it will still work with touch screen swiping in from the right or you can still use the keyboard of Windows + C key. I believe that Charms Bar will surely change in the future even though if nothing is confirmed till yet as to how they will be changing. Many users on Windows 8 or 8.1 still dont know how to use this Charms bar properly.

If you look closely then you will be able to find the Charms Bar inside the moderm app in Windows 10 Technical Preview with a small drop down in the top left corner. Microsoft has actually removed this option from its place and moved it other place. But if you would like to place the Charms Bar on the right side then you can download a new application called CyclingGuyNOLA, which is created by a different forum member, and thus you will get that functionality returned back.

If you are on a touch screen model then you can still get to the Charms Bar by swiping from the right edge of the LCD or on the monitor quite easily. You can even get there if you also have one of those touchpads where you need to perform some gestures and simply swipe from the right hand side. But for the non-touch screens it seems like hovering the mouse will not bring the Charms Bar, however you can still go to that by pressing the Windows+C key. Hope this helps.