Thread: File sorting in Windows 8.1

File sorting in Windows 8.1

Is there any simple file sorting options in Windows 8.1. In a mobile gallery you can find options where pictures are sorted and videos are kept separately. But in Windows we don't have those kind of things. I have a folder which has a mixture of images, text files, videos, apps, etc. I want some option through which I can get all images at one side, and all videos on other side. Then I can see them one by one and delete it. But I am unable to find anything like that.

Re: File sorting in Windows 8.1

I am quiet doubtful that you can find this thing in Windows. You have to use a third party program for the same. And you can find that easily on the web. There are many file managers that will help you to see files on the basis of file format and then you can remove those which are not needed. For images you can try using a photo management software. There are ample of them. Through which you can mark which pictures are important and leave which are not needed. Just try finding out the same first.

Re: File sorting in Windows 8.1

There are tons of free alternative available for Windows when it comes to file manager. You can find one and you can use the same. File sorting is not a big thing here. Because you can sort that by type in Windows Explorer directly. Windows will arrange all the images and video separately. You can scroll down and see. Just open Windows Explorer and there from the top right side you have to choose the type of sorting you want. Select type from there and done. You will be see things arranged properly.