Thread: Windows Explorer keeps on crashing while using IE

Windows Explorer keeps on crashing while using IE

Whenever I turn on Internet Explorer I am dealing with a new kind of issue. When double click on the icon of the web browser, Windows Explorer just crash. I am giving not responding message and then the entire pc freeze. And now this is quiet frequent. Each time when I try to open the entire pc freeze and it just crashed. I had tried to make this thing work a number of time but it is not working well. Is it some kind of virus issue. And this only happen on Internet Explorer. While it works well on other applications.

Re: Windows Explorer keeps on crashing while using IE

There can be virus issue. Explorer.exe only crashes if there is any kind of serious virus and malware problem in your system. So you have to scan your system under safe mode with a good antivirus and I am quiet sure that will help you to get rid of the issue you are facing. Later on it is also better to run system file checker utility. You can boot your pc in safe mode an then in cmd you can type sfc /scannow and hit enter. That will scan the system for damage files and replace them.

Re: Windows Explorer keeps on crashing while using IE

You can run system restore settings to add a bit stability to your system. If after that also it crashes then I think you will need to simply format your pc and instal Windows back again. This issue is mostly related to some unstable system file which can be fixed mostly by running a system file checker utility. And if that is not helping then the only option left is to format your pc and then installing everything back again from scratch. Then only it will be stable. Or else you will keep on getting the same issue.