Thread: Windows 8 PC freezing when kept on sleep mode for two days

Windows 8 PC freezing when kept on sleep mode for two days

There is some problem with my windows 8 system. I am having a desktop with 1TB drive and around 4GB RAM. It is not working relay well. I kept the system on sleep mode and forgot. It was there for two days. The cpu fan was constantly on. When I turned it on back again it started freezing a lot. Even notepad take long time to open up. Can anyone tell what can be the problem. Is it with the operating system or with the hardware of my pc.

Re: Windows 8 PC freezing when kept on sleep mode for two days

Can be due to the OS I think. Shutdown your system and leave it for few hours. Switch off the main power button also. And then turn it on back again and test. I am quiet sure that it will start working properly. But if the issue is same then you have to run a few hard drive test. Like you can run check disk. This will scan your drive for bad sectors and will fix issues. Second you can also run system file checker utility through cmd. Just type sfc /scannow and hit enter.

Re: Windows 8 PC freezing when kept on sleep mode for two days

Go with a driver update. I am quiet sure that will help you a lot. You can try using a third party driver updater software like driver booster. This tool will scan and update all the drivers on its own. Or else you can go ahead with downloading drivers manually from the official site of your motherboard provider. Here most probably the video driers needs a update. And that surely fix the problem. Just try it out once and then test back.