Thread: Windows 10 freezing when I try to use Open With

Windows 10 freezing when I try to use Open With

I had just updated my system to Windows 10 and it was working well. I had installed all the required program I want with a few themes and customization software. But the system started freezing. I had also updated my system to the latest build. Whenever I try to right click and choose open with the entire system freezes. I have to restart it forcibly. Ctrl + Alt + Del also does not work. I am not able to figure out what is the reason behind this. It is a new pc then it must work well. And it freezes badly on open with.

Re: Windows 10 freezing when I try to use Open With

Looks like your Windows Explorer is messed up due to which you are getting the issue. You have to try running system restore which I am quiet sure will also help you a lot in fixing the issue. System restore will provide you basic help in fixing common errors, but it is not some kind of permanent solution. You have to simply check which thing is causing the issue. And you have to remove that program or application from your system. Then I think the problem will not come back.

Re: Windows 10 freezing when I try to use Open With

I hope you are having a antivirus in your system. Windows Explorer if crashes then there are chances of having some virus issue in the pc. Try to run a full system scan in safe mode. You can go in event viewer and try to find more information on the error you are getting. There is a description column where you will get more details about the file that crash or fails to work. You can try to re-install that thing back again to fix the issue or you can just remove it if that is not really needed.