Thread: Unable to copy Windows XP CD on Windows 10 pc

Unable to copy Windows XP CD on Windows 10 pc

There is some problem with my Windows 10 system. I was using Windows 8 before and later on I had upgraded to Windows 10. It is working well. My friend wants me to make a new copy of his old Windows XP CD. I inserted that in my optical drive and it does nothing. The drive does not show up any content. It is not visible. I am having some problem here. I want to copy the content of this XP drive and create a new cd of the same. But it is not readable in My Computer. The lights keeps on blinking in my optical drive but it fails to work.

Re: Unable to copy Windows XP CD on Windows 10 pc

If the cd is very old then I am doubtful whether it will work or not. It is a common problem with many old disc. Due to lots of scratch and unclear cd base it is hard for the optical drive to read the content of the same. You wont be able to copy paste that in your pc. You can try cleaning the bottom part through water and clean the same with cotton. And then simply insert it back again. I am quiet sure that it will start working. You wont be facing any issue. But if fails to work then there is nothing you can do.

Re: Unable to copy Windows XP CD on Windows 10 pc

There are some good cd cleaner that you can try using. These cd cleaner will wipe out the bottom part and then you can try reading the same back again. But if this fails to work then there is nothing you can do. You have to simply download a fresh iso copy of a Windows XP and then try that. Many popular download sites are offering the same. You can download and try out that. Just check it once for download and burn a cd through that. It will work like any other XP CD.