Thread: What to do with System Reserved partition in Windows 10

What to do with System Reserved partition in Windows 10

I had upgrade my pc to a new Windows 10 OS and it looks to be working really fine. After when I was done with all kind of setup there is a new issue in this. I got a system reserved partition. It has very small space. I was first going to delete that through Disk Management. But later I thought there will be some problem if I do that blindly. So here I am trying to find out a bit information on this new kind of system reserved partition. What if this partition is having a virus.

Re: What to do with System Reserved partition in Windows 10

No do not delete it. If you do that you might loose your OS and all other partition also. This partition is usually not visible. But if you try different version of windows in your system then this partition appears up. This partition consist of records which are related to your partition letters and size. And deleting that might cause major issue. So just leave it. If you are having a good antivirus then you don't have worry about the infection on the same.

Re: What to do with System Reserved partition in Windows 10

It is an important part of your system. And sometime it appear up in My Computer. You can ignore the same if you want. Here I will advice you to backup your data first. And then go ahead with installing windows back again by deleting the system partition folder. One by one you can create partitions and restore your data. That will be the only best way to fix the problem you are facing. But if you can ignore that partition then there is no big issue. Just avoid putting anything in that.