Thread: Run Windows 10 Preview on Virtual Machine

Run Windows 10 Preview on Virtual Machine

As you all know that Windows 10 has been released in beta version ofcourse and many people have already downloaded and tested it on their machine. This OS is available for download from the microsoft website in beta format for free. But since I have an old computer I was wondering if this Operating System can be installed on my machine and run perfectly. But I read that if we install it in a virtual machine then it will not affect our system in anyway. So, can anyone tell me how do I install Windows 10 Preview in Virtual Machine on my pc? Thanks

Re: Run Windows 10 Preview on Virtual Machine

You can try to use he Hyper-V Manager to make a new virtual machine and then set it to 1024mb. After that set the path of the VM installation media to the Windows 10 .iso that you have downloaded, normally the setup wizard in Hyper-V will give that option. After completing the new virtual machine wizard you will need to click Start Machine from the side menu and then double click the small screen and watch the Windows 10 setup getting your installation ready. You can select View and then Full Sreen if you would like.

Re: Run Windows 10 Preview on Virtual Machine

First download the Windows 10 Technical ISO file. After that download and install Oracle VM VirtualBox tool which is need to run Windows 10 in virtual machine. After that run VirtualBox and click on New icon. You will be asked to Create Virtual Machine dialog box and then type Windows 10 and then click the version selector and choose Windows 8.1 After that click on Next and VirtualBox will show a recommended memory size, just go ahead and accept it. After that choose Create a virtual hard drive. Now accept VDI as the file type for the drive and then choose Fixed Size for the virtual drive. After that finally click on create and VirtualBox will build your Virtual Drive. Click the start button in VirtualBox Toolbar and then Select Start-up disk. Now click the little file folder and then go to the locatin of Windows 10 iso file you have downloaded and click Start. Now install Windows normally and run the setup which will require few reboots. After it finishes, Windows 10 will be running on the new Virtual Machine.