Thread: Windows 10 Build 9879 keyboard lights problem

Windows 10 Build 9879 keyboard lights problem

I have recently updated to the latest Windows 10 Build 9879 and now my PS/2 Keyboard lights are not working when I am logged into Windows, the keys that I am referring to are num lock, scroll ock and caps lock key. I am able to write with the PS/2 keyboard but the lights are not working at all. I have already tried to uninstall my keyboards driver but after rebooting my pc my keyboard is not getting detected at all. So, I did a System Restore to previous point and although the keyboard is working but still the light will not glow. Can anyone tell me if there is any solution for this problem? Thanks

Re: Windows 10 Build 9879 keyboard lights problem

Even I can confirm this on my Logitech G15 gaming keyboard which is quite old and connected through USB 2.0. I have checked in compatibility mode as well but there doesnt seem to be any lights. I am using a simply Microsoft keyboard which is connected via PS/2 port and it also seems to be affected by these problems. It doesnt seem to be a keyboard or port related problem, microsoft needs to address this and release a patch in the coming days to fix this issue.

I was facing altogether a different issue with the disconnection of some of the usb devices after installing this Windows 10 Build 9879. When I am playing certain games in my computer then sometimes some usb devices like mouse, wifi dongle, usb cam, etc; disconnect and reconnect on its own. This problem is occuring on my other computer as well, so it cannot be a hardware problem and it also started to happen after installing this new operating system build. I am hoping that this gets resolved quickly.

The problem that you are facing is because the operating system is still in beta phase even though it is quite annoying. After you sign up for any program, you eventually acknowledge that you will be willing to put up with the bugs and issues during testing and you have accepted any risks connected with the pre-release software. If you dont want to face this bug then you should go with the proper tested release of the software which is working fine without any issues.