Thread: How to customize the start menu in Windows 10 Technical Preview

How to customize the start menu in Windows 10 Technical Preview

Does Windows 10 Technical Preview has some options through which we can simply modify the ui of start menu. I had tried looking around but I am unable to find any option for the same. I had seen in the settings also but there is nothing specific that show me options for the same. I want to make some changes on the same and add a few more thins which I am looking for. But I did not find. Also a few new apps which I am trying to add does not really fit on the start menu.

Re: How to customize the start menu in Windows 10 Technical Preview

Well you can do that but you have to use a third party program for the same. And this cannot be done through internal settings. I had seen there is a freeware tool which can help you to make changes in the appears of Windows 10 start menu. You can make changes in the app icon and you can also customize it. But to some limit only. Microsoft finally repeated the start menu back but they are not able to put any good customization option on the same. They had just compressed the metro ui in the start menu.

Re: How to customize the start menu in Windows 10 Technical Preview

I do not think you can modify that. It will remain the same. Even in Windows 7 the regular start menu is not customization. For adding application shortcuts you can simply drag them. You can also modify the size or add multiple applications on the same. The more app you add, it becomes scrollable. This is a test edition and I think sure in future we will be getting a updated version which will be lot more better than this. And there can be more additions that will help.