Thread: I cannot type in the browser - help

I cannot type in the browser - help

Hi,

I have a very strange problem. I cannot type URL/adress/location bar or text boxes - keyboard locks/freezes up. I have to go to the Task Manager to End Task (to close browser:Firefox, Google Chrome)
    I restored my OS from my previous Norton Ghost image, but nothing changed.

Re: I cannot type in the browser - help

It seems to be some kind of adware issue or virus issue in your pc. Have you tried scanning your pc with some antivirus software and checked if it is detecting any viruses in your pc. You can also try to disable all the add-ons or extensions from your web browser and see if that helps sort out the issue.

1.There are not any viruses.
    2.I can use the keyboard almost everywhere but browsers (Firefox,Google Chrome)
    3.Firefox SaveMode - The same, nothing changed.
    4.My KB has USB connection, but I tried to use my old one (old cable connection) and there is the same situation.
    P.S.

Every time when I try to type Firefox freezes, and I have to Start Task Manager to close it.

I did CMD SFC /scannow and it found nothing.

Try to clean reinstall of Firefox following the below method:
    1. Use any browser to download the Firefox installer from mozilla.org (or from here) and save it to your desktop or other location. (Avoid unofficial download sites.)
    2. Close Firefox completely (if open).
    3. Delete the Firefox installation directory (On Windows, this is typically the C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox or C:\Program Files(x86)\Mozilla Firefox folder that contains "firefox.exe" and other Firefox program files and folders).
    4. Reinstall Firefox by running the installer you downloaded previously.

More steps are given here - http://kb.mozillazine.org/Standard_d..._%28Firefox%29

Hi,

I can write on the Internet Explorer. I can use KB every else but not in the Firefox or Google Chrome, Skype. I cleared Firefox cache and I tried to reinstall the browser, but it didn't help, .
    I scan with Malwarebytes Anti Malware and it was no infection.
    I created a new profile in the firefox - nothing changed.
    Firefox SaveMode - (Restart with add-ons disabled). The same, nothing changed.
    I can write in the Microsoft Office, Notepad and almost everywhere else but for example, when I tried to type message
    in the Skype, it freezes.
    I can type in the IE without any problems.
    My KB has USB connection, but I tried to use my old one (old cable connection) and there is the same situation.
    I did CMD SFC /scannow and it found nothing.
    P.S.
    Every time when I try to type in the Firefox or Chrome or Skype it freezes, and I have to Start Task Manager to close it. The Chrome in Incognito Mode it works the same. It means it doesn't work.
    Please somebody helps me. This is really big problem for me. I don't want to reinstall Windows because of that. Everything else is working perfect.

It can be due to some kind of addon in your browser which is creating the problem. Sometime the same issue also occur if there is a antivirus addon added in your pc. Like if you install AVG, then it adds AVG Websecure in all the browser. And this create a issue. There are two things you can try out. First go in the Addon section of Firefox which is in Tools > Addons and turn off all. Second update JAVA in your pc.

Quote Originally Posted by donek View Post
    Try to perform a clean boot in your computer and see if that helps:
    • Log on to the computer by using an account that has administrator rights.
    • Click Start, type msconfig.exe in the Start Search box, and then press Enter to start the System Configuration utility.
    • Note If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, you should type the password or provide confirmation.
    • On the General tab, click the Selective startup option, and then click to clear the Load startup items check box. (The Use Original Boot.ini check box is unavailable.)
    • On the Services tab, click to select the Hide all Microsoft services check box, and then click Disable all.
    • Click OK, and then click Restart.

More information is given here - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135