Thread: Will Windows 10 work on a Dual Core system with 1GB RAM

Will Windows 10 work on a Dual Core system with 1GB RAM

After finding a lot about Windows 10 I found that it will work on a low end hardware. But still I want to confirm first. I never even installed Windows 7 on the system. I am using Vista. And then I never went ahead with any update. I am having a system that has as dual core processor and a 1GB ram. There is a 512 ATi graphic card on the same. I am not able to find whether Windows 10 will work well on that or not.

Re: Will Windows 10 work on a Dual Core system with 1GB RAM

It will work. But do not expect much from the performance part. Windows 10 is a new operating system which might give you hardware problem. I am talking about the driver compatibility issue. You can still test if you want. Before doing the same create a entire disc image copy of your Windows partition. You can do that through Acronis or any other similar tool. Windows Vista also has a image backup. Then you can restore your pc back again if it does not work.

Re: Will Windows 10 work on a Dual Core system with 1GB RAM

According to me it will work well if you add one more stick of 1GB ram on the same. I think that will be enough. Windows 10 is not a very resource intensive. Compare to Windows 8 it is more lighter as it is not having any Metro UI screen on the same. But I also think the driver issue will be there. But you can still test. And always keep a backup of your windows partition. So that you can restore things fast if it fails to work.