Thread: Advice for creating Windows 8 installation SSD

Advice for creating Windows 8 installation SSD

How to create a Windows 8 installation SSD. I just got a new one and I am having a 1TB drive that has everything in it. It has the windows partition and now I want to use this SSD for the same. Because it has quiet a nice speed. For booting OS this will be fastest one. But I am unable to find anything. My friend suggest that I have to format and go with scratch installation. Then only it is going to work. But it will be a time consuming process for me.

Re: Advice for creating Windows 8 installation SSD

As far as I know you have to go with a manual setup. Or else it wont be working. You have to format the Windows partition that is regular drive and create one in the SSD. Or you can use the entire SSD for OS. Just use your Windows installation dvd for the same. Compare to a regular hard drive you will get a lot more better output on the SSD because of its high flash chips. And it will also be a reliable option to store files. If you need a stable system then you will have to format it.

Re: Advice for creating Windows 8 installation SSD

Here you are trying to find method for migrating your Windows OS on the new SSD. And this is possible. You have to use a third party OS migration software. This is also called as disc cloning. Most of the time it works. But sometime there can be issue with drivers. You can face blue screen also. Acronis is a tool that has this feature. You can backup your OS through this and restore it back on the new hard drive and it will start working well. Try to test if you get bluescreen then go with full installation.