Thread: Downloading Windows XP Service Pack 3 for old pc

Downloading Windows XP Service Pack 3 for old pc

I can see Windows XP Service Pack 3 on many popular download website. I want to know that is it the full version of Windows XP. I want to download and use this on a old pc that is kept in the library. I am going to use open office in that so that I can arrange the books properly in the form of subject. Through a proper list it will be easier for people to find things they are looking for. I am having a old dual core system that is not working. I think it will get fixed just by replacing the hard drive. I had showed that to my friend who said it can start working at low cost. So I just want to confirm that the Windows XP Service Pack 3 on web is safe to use.

Re: Downloading Windows XP Service Pack 3 for old pc

Most of the sites are offering you a official version of Windows XP Service Pack 3. Microsoft has ended support for this. That means if there is any serious virus or bugs for the OS there will be no fix for that. But you ca use this on a old pc which will not be connected to the internet. Then it will be safer to use. And if you want to use internet then you have to download and install a internet security pack which is going to help you more. SP3 comes loaded with many essential updates that are required for smooth output. And it will also work well on old regular pc. Just try to download this and test it out I am quiet sure it will help.

I am using one on a old pc that is used by my neighbor. I was having this spare pc so I gave that to the old man next to my house. It is having a 160GB drive and 2GB RAM with Pentium 4 processor. It is still working well till now. It is used for video chatting. I had installed Skype on that and it works really well. I had used the same Windows XP Service Pack 3 on it. I am using AVG free antivirus on it and done. It works well. You can add more ram if you think the output is not so great. The SP3 edition will be a lot more secure to use. But you have to find old programs for that. Because new one are not compatible on that.

Hi, In My Stacks Of Old CD's.. I Know I Have a Origanal,, SP3,, If any One Needs One,, Thanks,, Jack..