Thread: Is it necessary to add SSD for good Windows 8 performance

Is it necessary to add SSD for good Windows 8 performance

After adding Windows 8.1 on my pc I am quiet not happy with the output. I am having a Core 2 Duo pc with 4GB ram. I thought this is going to work. I am also planing to upgrade my pc hardware by adding up some new stuff like a gpu, a new hard drive and a graphic card. Here instead of going with regular hard drive, I had found on web that buying a SSD is lot more recommended. That is because it is a kind of good option for boosting the performance of windows operating system. Without which it is not easy to keep the system working well. SSD is increasing my budget and I am having a 500GB drive. I through adding 1TB will allow me to keep more things in it.

Re: Is it necessary to add SSD for good Windows 8 performance

I think adding a SSD will be lot more better if you need a good performance for long run. Because here in that you will get a flash chip base drive that will work really fast and the output will be greater here. You can load your operating system on the same and you can test the output. 1TB drives are cheap now a days. So you can buy that anytime. Even SSD's are getting cheaper day by day and it is now under affordable range of all. So buy a good SSD and install Windows OS that. Do not go with low size hard drive, because on that if you install programs and games you will face issue with disk space problem.

Re: Is it necessary to add SSD for good Windows 8 performance

Few things can be done to keep your system output good. Like disk cleanup. There are many tuneup software that you can use and test them. I am quiet sure that is going to help you more in getting proper output. You can download a trial edition and check. If they are helping then you really dont need to go for upgrades. You can just stick with the regular drive, add ram and a graphic card. That's it. I also think that SSD's are great but they are costly upgrade. To get a good size drive you might have to spend around Rs.5000 easily or else it wont be easier for you to get the same. Just checkout the cost on the web first before buying.