Thread: cant install Windows 7 on Lenovo G50 laptop

cant install Windows 7 on Lenovo G50 laptop

I got a Lenovo G50 laptop which came with Windows 8 preinstalled on it. I have used this laptop from quite some time and now I am looking to install Windows 7 on it. But when ever I am trying to install it then it gives me an blue screen of death error message that states "The BIOS in this system is not fully ACPI compliant Stop 0x000000A5". Can anyone please tell me how do I solve this error so that I can use Windows 7 on this laptop? Thanks

Re: cant install Windows 7 on Lenovo G50 laptop

Can you tell us which is the proper BIOS settings choices for UEFI, Legacy BIOS, Legacy Boot or some related settings in your system? You can try to make a screenshot of the same and then upload it in your next reply. Can you try to ensure that the UEFI devices is offered on the Boot Menu? Try to bypass UEFI to install Windows 7 in your computer and see if that helps. There are many guides on same method how to do that, just search it on google.

The problem that you are facing may occur if you add random access memory (RAM) to the computer while it is in hibernation. When the computer resumes from hibernation and loads the Hiberfil.sys file, Microsoft Windows detects the change in memory state, and then you receive the error message. To solve this issue, follow the below link which is given on Windows XP but this method can still be used for your Windows 7 operating system:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/831691

Can you try to go to the motherboard manufacturer's website and download the latest BIOS update for your motherboard. Also, check in your BIOS whether the ACPI is set to API version 3 or 2? Normally, the S3 is the power mode and not th ACPI version. You can also try to change the Serial Port in the BIOS to 2F8/IRQ3 and see if that works for you. Also, test by setting AHCI and turn on IDE and see if that makes any difference.