Thread: Core i7 pc crashing after turning on Turbo boost

Core i7 pc crashing after turning on Turbo boost

I want some help to find out issue with Core i7 system that crash after turning on Turbo Boost. I was not aware about Turbo Boost before. I thought this would be a great way of boosting my systems output. I turned it on and after a few minutes of work the entire system crashed with blue screen. I am not able to figure out why this happen. I am using Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H. When I turn off turbo boost everything goes well. There is no problem. I turned it on because I need a bit more better output in gaming.

Re: Core i7 pc crashing after turning on Turbo boost

Looks like there is some kind of performance issue with the processor. Blue screen crash is serious issue. It looks your cpu is not able to perform at higher clock rate. It can be due to many reason. It can be due to bottleneck or some other bugs. You have to start updating your chipset drivers first. I hope that you are using a right turbo boost software. Intel officially provides one that comes in the driver pack of many motherboard. Remove that if possible and install a fresh one by downloading it from the official site. And then test back. I am quiet sure this will work.

Re: Core i7 pc crashing after turning on Turbo boost

I had seen this problem before. And this is due to power supply. IT is not due to the application or any hardware. It is because of low power supply. When you turn on turbo boost at the requirement the processor works on higher clock rate. And if the power supply is less then the system will crash. It wont give you proper output. Sometime the same issue also occur if the psu is faulty. I will recommend you to upgrade that or change it for testing. If the psu is a new one then you can contact the seller to replace it.