Thread: installing windows 7 on Acer Aspire X AXC-603G-UW31

installing windows 7 on Acer Aspire X AXC-603G-UW31

I am using a Acer Aspire X AXC-603G-UW31 laptop which is running on Windows 8. I am looking to downgrade its OS and want to install Windows 7 on this laptop but I am having some troubles. After formatting the hard drive completely and taking all the backup of my important data, I am getting an error message when I am inserting the Windows 7 dvd in the dvd drive that says " Reboot and Select porper Boot Device or Insert Boot Media in Selected Device and press a key" no matter how many times I try. So doesn anyone have any ideas how to fix this?

Re: installing windows 7 on Acer Aspire X AXC-603G-UW31

You can try to press F12 key on boot to choose the drive from which you want to load the operating system on many Acer laptop. But if this F12 option is not working then you might have to enable it first. To do that start your laptop and when the first logo appears then press the F2 key or the DEL key immediately to enter BIOS. After that choose Main and then use the arrow keys to go to F12 boot menu and press Enter. Now try to enable it and then press Enter. Lastly press F10 to save changes and reboot your computer and then start the installation procedure.

In Windows 8, the bootable disc of pervious version of Operating system will not be recognized. But there is a way to change the Secure Boot setting which will recognize the bootable device. So follow this steps on how to do that. First shut down your laptop. After that turn it on again and at the first logo screen press Del to enter BIOS. Now go to the Authentication page and then with Secure Boot highlighted you need to press Enter and select Disable option. After that go to Boot Options. Now with Launch CSM highlighted you need to press Enter and use down arrow to choose Always and press Enter. After that press F10 to save changes and restart your laptop.

There is a bios provided by a user which you need to download and install for your system, download it from this link. After that flash the bios by pressing Del while booting and also try to set the following options as said. First you need to set Secure boot to disabled. After that set CSM mode to always. Then set the Boot Priority to whatever you like. Once this is done, then boot from Windows 7 dvd and complete the installation. After that download and install the drivers from this link.