Thread: Suggestion of adding Windows 7 64bit on iMac

Suggestion of adding Windows 7 64bit on iMac

I had seen a lot of videos on the web that suggest to install Windows 7 on iMac. I am trying to find a guide for installing the 64bit version of Windows 7 Ultimate on the same. I have a disc with me. I want to dual boot mac. And this looks a bit complicated but I hope that this work. If there some kind of video guide that has detailed process, then it would be more easier for me. The CD is wasted. I do not have any other pc to use and there are few applications that are only available for Windows.

Re: Suggestion of adding Windows 7 64bit on iMac

I always found this complicated. Mac OS does not offer you a straight way of dual boot. It is not easy. But on regular hardware, Windows 7 is lot more compatible. You might face big issue with drivers stuff. There is a guide on the official site that can help you to dual boot. It is called as Bootcamp guide. Before installing there are few things you will have to check. Like the hardware compatibility, you have to verify that your windows version is enough good to run on the mac hardware, etc. It will not be a easy job. I am quiet sure you can find ample of this guides on YouTube. That will put more light on the same.

Re: Suggestion of adding Windows 7 64bit on iMac

I had done this once. I was having issue with the screen resolution. I was not able to figure out how to fix it. It is good to take a image backup of your existing partition. So that if you are not happy with the dual boot stuff you can restore that easily. You can use Acronis for that. Use a external drive to make a image of your entire pc. And then go with dual boot. So that if your system crash or if there is any problem you can restore that. A link below has enough information for the dual boot stuff. You can just click on the same and check out.

Boot Camp