Thread: Windows 7 desktop profile gets corrupted on every reboot

Windows 7 desktop profile gets corrupted on every reboot

Each time when I restart my pc I can see a entirely black desktop and all my files on the same is missing. This happen me all the time and I am not able to figure out how I can deal with that. I am stuck with the problem here. I had copied a few folders and they are all lost. I want a bit help here. I have some folders that was having a lot of word and excel files and they are missing. I am not able to figure out the cause behind the same. Why this things has gone missing. I tried looking in the folders but cant find them.

Re: Windows 7 desktop profile gets corrupted on every reboot

This issue is with windows. Your settings are not saved due to which you are facing the problem. You have to run system restore here. Remember that after running that you will loose all your programs depending on the date you had selected. But your data will remain safe. So just try doing the same and test back. I am quiet sure this will help you in fixing the issue. This type of problem appear due to unstable windows file. You can try running system restore and if that does not help then you can try re-installing windows.

I do not really think you have to do that. There is one way to fix the issue. You can try creating a new user account for the same. For that you have to go in control panel and in that click on user accounts. Now create a new account with all admin rights. Once it is done you have to move your files to the new account and delete the same. You can find all your files in the C drive. Click on user and click the old user account and then desktop. Copy the files in a new desktop and delete the old account back from Control Panel user accounts.

It is a common issue when you are having virus problem in your system. You can just resolve that by simply scanning your system in safe mode and I am quiet sure that will help you a lot in fixing the problem. Just boot your pc in safe mode by hitting F8 continuously and then login to your admin id. Then use your antivirus to scan your pc thoroughly. Once done restart your pc back in normal mode and check back. I am quiet sure this will be more than enough to resolve the issue.

You can try using a simple repair setup to fix the issue. This might help you. But do take a backup of your entire data before that. Click on the start button and in the search box type recovery. In that you have to click on advance recovery and choose re-install windows from the installation DVD. Insert the disc. It will ask you to backup your existing files. Do the same. Once done you have to restart your pc and run the backup restore. Try this step it will take a bit time but it is helpful.

I do not think there is any other way left other than re-installing windows. If you are not having windows disc then there is one thing you can try out. You can try using a system file checker utility that comes in Windows. Through this you can fix a high number of damage system files. You just have to run this in the safe mode in your pc and done. It will start working. For that boot your pc in safe mode first and then and launch cmd. In that type sfc /scannow and hit enter. If this works then it is fine or else format your pc.