Thread: getting " Invalid Process Attach Attempt" error message after installing Windows 8.1

getting " Invalid Process Attach Attempt" error message after installing Windows 8.1

I have recently installed the latest update of Windows 8.1 64-bit operating system on my laptop. Now, after some days, the laptop that I am using is freezing at any point whether I am playing any games or watching movies or surfing online. I am not even able to open the task manager as it seems like the whole computer is not responding. So, I eventually have to turn off my laptop and after when I switch on my laptop then I get the above error message with blue screen and since then I am stucked onto this error message. Any ideas how to fix this? Thanks

Re: getting " Invalid Process Attach Attempt" error message after installing Windows 8.1

Can you try to perform a clean boot and see if that helps. Follow the below method on how to do that:
    1. Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search. Or, if you are using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, and then click Search.
    2. Type msconfig in the search box, and then tap or click msconfig.
    3. On the Services tab of the System Configuration dialog box, tap or click to select the Hide all Microsoft services check box, and then tap or click Disable all.
    4. On the Startup tab of the System Configuration dialog box, tap or click Open Task Manager.
    5. On the Startup tab in Task Manager, for each startup item, select the item and then click Disable.
    6. Close Task Manager.
    7. On the Startup tab of the System Configuration dialog box, tap or click OK, and then restart the computer.

More information can be found here - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Re: getting " Invalid Process Attach Attempt" error message after installing Windows 8.1

If you have any pending Windows Updates to be installed, then would you install it and check if that makes any difference. If you want to check for Windows Updates, then point your mouse pointer to the upper right corner of the screen and the move the mouse pointer down and then click on Search and enter Windows Update in the search box. After that click on Settings and then click on Install optional updates. At the left side click on Check for updates and then wait for a while when Windows looks for the latest updates for your pc. If you find any updates then click on Install updates.

If the above solution doesnt work then try to perform an Automatic repair using Windows 8 bootable DVD or USB drive and check if that helps. To perform the automatic repair, first insert the installation DVD or USB and boot Windows 8.1 from it. Now, in the Windows setup page choose the Language to install and Time and currency format and the Keyboard or input method and then click next. After that click on Repair your Computer and then choose Troubleshoot. Now click on Advanced options and then choose Automatic Repair and select the operating system.