Thread: Windows 7 always forgets dual display settings after a restart

Windows 7 always forgets dual display settings after a restart

I am running Windows 7 on my computer along with dual monitors setup. Now the problem is that whenever I restart my computer then Windows will forget which monitor was the main screen and also the screen order and resolution of my main monitor. I have already tried to install the latest drivers available and also installed a new graphics card but to no avail. I have also not installed any multi-monitor software. Is there anyone who can tell me how do I solve this issue? Thanks

Re: Windows 7 always forgets dual display settings after a restart

For most of the users changing the drivers on their system has worked pretty well. Since this is not working for you then try to disable a running service called Windows Live Mesh remote connections service and see if that works for you. After that open the Screen Resolution by clicking on Start buttong and then go to Control Panel and then under Appearance and Personalization, simply click on Adjust Screen Resolution. Now reboot your pc and see if it is still making that annoying problem.

Have you tried using the Display Quality troubleshooter to fix the problem. To do that, open the Display Quality troubleshooter by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click Troubleshooting. In the left pane, click View all, and then click Display Quality. Administrator permission required If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation. More information is given on this website - http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...troubleshooter

There is tool called DisplayFusion which you can use to set up dual-monitor in your pc. This software works best with multiple screens, but you can also use it with just one. DisplayFusion is a great application that can make use of your dual monitor (or triple monitor or more) in a very easier way. For example, with the help of this tool you can use a different wallpaper on each monitor, integrate with Flickr for image search and even gives you keyboard shortcuts for the management of windows application.