Thread: Windows 8.1 error message "Your computer is low on memory"

Windows 8.1 error message "Your computer is low on memory"

I recently upgraded from Windows 8 to 8.1 and then this problem started to happen. If I am trying to run a game, then at any time I will be kicked out of the game to the desktop with an error message stating that Your computer is low on memory. Save your files and close these programs". I have 8gb RAM installed in my computer and out of that almost 4gb is free. Do i have to revert back to Windows 8 again to solve this problem or what?

Re: Windows 8.1 error message "Your computer is low on memory"

Can you try to run System Maintenance troubleshooter which might be able to scan and perform the needed maintenance tasks and also solve any incorrect settings which might be causing the problem. To do this, first press windows key + F button to get to search Charms bar. After that choose settings in the drop down menu below search and type Troubleshooting. Now click on Troubleshooting and then choose the view all option on the left side and then click on System maintenance troubleshooter and follow the prompts.

If still you are facing the problem even after following the above solution, then you can try to check the Event Viewer logs for error logs when you got this error to find what is exactly causing this problem. To go there, first go to the Start Screen and then type Event Viewer. You will come accross the Event Viewer tile, just click to open the event viewer After that in the left pane, expand the Windows logs and then click on Application log and check the first event in the log and use your arrow keys to scroll down. You will notice yellow warnings and red errors, just double click on it and copy the content here.

I was having this same issue but was able to find a workaround for this problem. If you are an advanced user then you can use this method quite easily. What you need to do is disable the module that pops the dialog box entirely, which usually means that the dialog box is turned off even if it will make sense for it to pop up. Just go to Control Panel > Problem Reports and Solutions > Check settings > Advanced settings and then select “Off” under “For my programs, problem reporting is:” and click OK.