Thread: Automatic maintenance popup constantly on windows 8

Automatic maintenance popup constantly on windows 8

I am constantly getting automatic maintenance popup on my screen. I am not able to stop this thing and it is very annoying. It keeps on appearing. I am unable to figure out why it starts. I do not think I had installed any software for automatic maintenance. I had tired looking inside start menu but cannot find any related software. I hope this is not some kind of virus issue on the pc. I am not using a antivirus here. I hardly connect the laptop to internet. I just use it for typing purpose.

Re: Automatic maintenance popup constantly on windows 8

It is windows feature. It is not a security threat. You can disable that easily. The settings might have enabled and automatic maintenance is scheduled. Due to which it keeps on appearing in the background. You can turn it off and it will not come. To disable that thing you have to go in schedule task. You can find that by typing in the Start > Search box. Just look for schedule task and remove the automatic maintenance entry from the same. I am quiet sure that will fix the problem you are facing.

You can also disable the same through msconfig. There is a startup section in that through which you can turn it off and I am quiet sure that will help. Just type msconfig in the start search box and then go in the startup section. There you can find the auto backup stuff. Just remove the tick on the same and restart your phone and done. It will not appear up. Auto backup is a good solution. Because it allow you to have your data safe in case of issue. There is no harm if that thing is on.

Instead of turning that off completely schedule that to work once in a week. So that your data remains secure. It happens sometime our pc fails to start and we have to format it or run recovery. And at that point you might loose everything. But if you have the backup with you then you can restore that quiet instantly. You can simply go in schedule task and configure that to work at the end of week. It will replace the old backup with new one and our files remain updated all the time. Just test the same.