Thread: Rstrui.exe error while trying to create a system restore point on Windows 7

Rstrui.exe error while trying to create a system restore point on Windows 7

I am having issue with creating a system restore point on Windows 7 system. I am unable to figure out why I am getting this rstrui.exe error on the same. What does this exe file refers to. I am creating this because recently I had installed some software. I removed them and I am still getting application errors. I ran a cleaner tool which fix the issue. Now to solve the issue I am thinking of creating a system restore point first and then installing anything. But I am unable to do anything here due to this error.

Re: Rstrui.exe error while trying to create a system restore point on Windows 7

Looks like there are some damage system files in your system which is causing the issue. It is good if you can try to run a system file checker tool. This is a really long process but it is effective. You have to type sfc /scannow and hit enter in cmd. This will start the system file checker utility. This tool takes time but it is good enough to repair the damage files. It is very simple to use. Just run this and see what output you are getting in the end. And if this does not fix the issue then I think you have to install windows back.

You can resolve the issue by turning off system restore and then turning it on back again. For that you have to in settings and then click on system in that. And from the upcoming screen click on performance tab. Just click on the file system and look for Troubleshooting tab. In that you will find Disable System Restore check box. Add a tick on that and restart the pc. Now follow the same procedure upon restart and remove the tick from that section and done. Your system will start working back again.

You will have to scan your driver for errors. I am quiet sure you are getting the error due to a damage system file. And you can find the same through system file checker. This utility is available in windows and it is the only way through which you can resolve the problem. For that just type cmd in the start search box and hit enter. In cmd type sfc /scannow and hit enter. The utility will start scanning the system and will repair damage system files. I am quiet sure this will definitely fix the problem.

There is one more effective way of fixing the error. You will have to use windows installation disc for the same. Boot your system with that and then click on repair. You can find cmd in that. In that you have to type a command sfc /scannow offline and hit enter. The utility will take around a hour or two to scan your pc completely and replace the damage files. This is the best way to fix a lot of issues if you are facing with windows system files. Just try this out and check back.

It is a clear issue with damage system files. If system file checker utility will not help you in fixing the issue then you can go ahead with formatting your pc and installing windows back again. Before formatting you can try finding the process through which you can run a repair setup. This will not delete the files but will overwrite the existing system files. And your data also remain intact. Window XP use to have this feature. I had not seen this in Windows 7 or in Windows 8.