Thread: Windows 8.1 charm bar is not working

Windows 8.1 charm bar is not working

I am facing bit issue with using the charm bar in Windows 8.1. It is not working at all. I am not able to do anything on that. First of all when move mouse to the right side the charm bar takes a really long time to open up. It also does not search anything. Sometime it appear and sometime it does not. Can I re-install the same. Is there anything available for fixing the issue. I checked in the control panel > uninstall program, but I am not able to find any thing related to charm bar. I had updated windows which did not helped much.

Re: Windows 8.1 charm bar is not working

The issue can be with charm bar settings which you will have to check. You can find that in the start task bar properties. For that right click on the task bar and click no properties. Now there you have to click on the navigate tab. You can find settings related to cornet and Start Screen navigation. From where you can fix the issue. You can configure proper settings as per your own. Just checkout each of the things inside that one by one and test back. I am quiet sure that will be enough to resolve the issue.

Re: Windows 8.1 charm bar is not working

For charm bar issue I do not think windows update can help. It is freezing down and this can be due to some damage files. You can try checking out in Task Manager what all things are working in the system. Try to remove unwanted programs from the pc and I am quiet sure this will help you. Then you have to run system file checker. This tool will slowly scan your pc and fix the damage system files. It is a kind of effective solution to deal with the issue you are facing. For that just launch cmd and type sfc /scannow and hit enter.