Thread: Right click menu takes a long time to appear on Windows 8.1

Right click menu takes a long time to appear on Windows 8.1

It takes a very long time for the right click menu to appear. This issue starts after I went with Windows 8.1 update. I thought this will speed up the system. My pc was already working really slow from long time. I got the new update and I installed the same. But after that things went more bad. I am not able to start task manager also. Even Device Manager and Disk Management take a long time to appear. While the process are quiet low. There is enough amount of ram and cpu left. This is some kind of operating system issue. How to resolve.

Re: Right click menu takes a long time to appear on Windows 8.1

Can be virus issue. If your system process is low then this type of issue must not appear. There is one thing you can do to find out the cause. Launch Task Manager and click on Performance. Here you can see your active processor and ram usage. Now right click on the desktop. If the cpu usage is hiked to 100% then surely you are having a virus issue. It will be good if you go ahead with scanning your system in safe mode. Use different type of antivirus to get a bit more detail about all the background processes.

It can be due to slow hard drive. Try to run disk defragmentation. It is available in Windows and you can also go with third party tool if you want. Disk Defragmentation will increase your drive speed by cleaning up the storage space. Once tool I will recommend you to use is Auslogics Disk Defrag. It is free software and it is easy to use. It has a Windows XP type theme of defragmenting a hard drive. The process takes time. So you must do this when you are not using your system.

The problem can also be due to theming stuff. You have to disable all unwanted themes from the system and use a basic one. You can do that from Control Panel\System and Security\System. In that from the left side click on Advance System Properties. And then click on Advance. Click on settings under performance. Select adjust for best performance. Disable the wallpapers and theme stuff and then try back. I am always using this method because it keeps the system working well.

You can start with cleaning your hard drive. There are some third party software through which you can find the health of your hard drive. Most of the time by formatting you can boost up your system output. And then create a system recover image after doing that. So that if there is any problem you can simply restore that. Keeping a fresh system image file is very helpful and works well. You just have to move your data from the desktop and you can run the recovery thing. It will be a quick way to restore windows actual output.