Thread: How to fix Ubuntu 14.0 software update error

How to fix Ubuntu 14.0 software update error

There is a bit issue with software update on Ubuntu 14.0. It always goes on its own. But this time it is giving me a error. I am not able to figure out why. Whenever I run the update I am getting a error and all updates are left pending. I hope there will be some way through which we can get rid of the same. Is there a way to re-install the software updater back again. I think it is damage. Also is there a manual way of doing the same. The place from where I can download the updates and install them in the system.

Re: How to fix Ubuntu 14.0 software update error

There are different type of errors in update manager. There is one command you can run and fix the issue. For that launch terminal and then type
    sudo rm -rf /var/lib/apt/lists/* and hit enter. Then again type sudo apt-get clean and hit enter. The last thing you have to do is type sudo apt-get update and hit enter. Now try to run update manager back again. That will be enough to resolve the issue. Sometime some updates are broken and you get such issue. You can wait back unless it is replaced.

Re: How to fix Ubuntu 14.0 software update error

You have to specify which type of actual error you are facing and then you can deal with the issue. That will be more easier to find the exact solution. Like you can start with turning of all ppa repository. Then try back. In Ubuntu you dont have anything like system restore. That is the reason it is a bit complicate to troubleshoot the errors. Sometime package error appear when you have issue from the source. If the same is not authenticated you get this kind of problem. Just try to check the same.