Thread: Slow mac system while opening up any folder

Slow mac system while opening up any folder

There is some issue with android smartphone. I am unable to use the same. Whenever I double click on any folder it takes a long time to open up. Also the boot time is very high. I am not able to figure out the cause behind this. When it was new the system use to work really amazing. But now the issue is bit more annoying. It is very hard to work on such a slow system. It takes a long time to open up any image or video in the same. I had tried to remove a few applications from the same but it is not helping. Can anyone help me to resolve the issue.

Re: Slow mac system while opening up any folder

Sometime it happens. There are lots of background processes or application that eats up the ram and cause it work slow. Here you can do something to speed up. Things can start from cleaning up the system. That means deleting things which are not needed. Remove unwanted programs from the system. Mac also has a startup manager. If there are too many applications in it then it will take long time to boot. You can configure that. For that you have to go in System Preferences > Users & Groups. In that you have to click on Login Items. There you can configure startup items.

Another best thing you can do is update your system. Sometime the os does not work well due to too many apps install or it become unstable. You can resolve the issue by updating the operating system. The updates are provided for free. Just run a free mac update and try back. I am quiet sure that will be enough to resolve the issue. You can check for the latest software update. Go in Activity Monitor and just checkout what all apps are working in the background. Remove those things and check back.

Mac comes with app called as memory clean. You can run this to free up the space and make your mac work more better. This app wil instantly kill background processes and free up the ram. If you are not satisfied with this then there are more different apps you can use which comes with advance benefits. Mac Gems is one of them. It is a free app and easy to use. It gives you option to clean up the ram and it works well. You can restore your mac back again. But do that after taking proper backup.

To get the best output you can start with erasing mac hard drive and the installing everything back again from scratch. That would be the best to resolve the issue. It is good if you begin with backup first. So that you wont loose any of your data. Formatting will remove all the unwanted stuff from your
    system and it will clean up the drive also. If you are having a huge amount of data then you have to move that in a external storage.You can do that from Disk Utility by restarting the pc.

Keep the formatting stuff at the last stage. Because by cleaning and tuning up the system I am quiet sure the issue can be resolved. Mac system works really well due to high amount of ram available. They are able to give you smooth output compare to windows. But sometime the same can freeze or work slow due to too many applications. Remove them. You can use a good mac tuneup software which is available for free. Just test the same and use it and you will get the kind of output you are looking for.