Thread: System restore point gets deleted on its own in Windows 7

System restore point gets deleted on its own in Windows 7

There is some bug in my pc. I am unable to figure out why the system restore points get deleted on its own. I test many new software. I install them and when they are not proper I remove it. Most of the time when there is any error or problem I run system restore. It help me to get old settings back. But I am noticing from last few days that old restore points are deleted on its own. I had accidentally installed a toolbar that is freezing my pc and there are too many adds on my screen. The ads are still there even after I uninstalled everything.

Re: System restore point gets deleted on its own in Windows 7

This can be due to virus. Usually system restore is disabled automatically sometime due to virus issue. You have to scan your pc. Boot your pc in safe mode and get a good antivirus. There are ample of them you can find. Just scan your pc with that and check back. This will be much more helpful. And I think you will have to format your pc. And then only things will get stable. It is good if you can backup your data and keep them at safe place. In-case of any major issue like blue screen you wont loose anything.

To deal with this kind of problem it is good to use a third party software uninstaller. There are many available. This are designed to remove programs effectively from the system. Revo uninstaller is one of them. It is a very nice and easy to use software. You can simply install this and you can remove those programs more easily. Because there are chances that a few program crash if you go with the default way. But Revo uninstaller will wipe out things effectively and also keep the system clean.

After uninstallation a number of time extra files are left in the system. You have a malware issue now. And anyhow you have to format your pc. Even if you run system restore the malware will remain still active in your system. So there is nothing much you can do. It is good if you use CCleaner here. Once you remove any program run this. This tool will scan your system for left flies and also fix the registry errors. This will make your pc more stable and will not cause this kind of problem.

Windows get slow down as you keep on adding new things. And many free programs comes with additional utilities. I had also seen people blindly installing software from torrents. Which spread this kind of virus. For getting rid of virus issue the first thing you have to do is install a malwarebytes antimalware in your system. Download a trial edition and test the same. This tool is really amazing and easy to use. It will scan your pc and remove the infection and then you can go ahead with adding other stuff.

Whatever you do create system image file ready with you. Like you had formatted your pc and installed all required drivers. Once you are done with that go in Control Panel > Backup and Restore. Create a full system image file. If any problem occur, and you are not able to resolve it, then you can run this full system recovery to get the old status back. The restoration process is fast here. The entire C drive is wiped out here. The process is very simple to use and effective. Because it takes less time than regular formatting.