Thread: disable entering password to log into Windows 8.1

disable entering password to log into Windows 8.1

I was running Windows 8 on my computer and have recently updated it to the latest Windows 8.1 update. Now the issue that I am having is that if I start my computer evertime then it asks me to enter my password but I have never set any password in Windows 8. So why it is asking me to enter the password and what password should I have to enter? Can anyone tell me a way to remove this annoying problem. Thanks

Re: disable entering password to log into Windows 8.1

You can try to configure the User Account to log on automatically on Windows, so just login to the account that you need to logon automatically while system restart and then follow this steps. First press Windows + R and type netplwiz and then press Enter. After that in user accounts, click on the account you want to automatically log on to. Incase it is available then clear the "Users Must Enter a User Name and Password to use this Computer” checkbox. After that click ok and then in the Automatically Log On box, enter the users password 2 times and then click ok.

Try to press the Windows key to bring up Start menu and then move mouse over to below right to get the charm bar and then go to Settings > Click Accounts, your account and theer you will find a link under your account name labeled Disconnect. After that click that to disassociate your Windows Account from your Microsoft Online Account. It will thus enable the disabled options. I also found that Windows 8.1 install made me to associate to a Microsoft Account and will not let me go ahead to setup without doing this, but since I can undo this later after setup is finished, so its all fine now.

You can try to use the AutoLogon.exe and enter your username/password from this link - http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/s.../bb963905.aspx. Autologon enables you to easily configure Windows’ built-in autologon mechanism. Instead of waiting for a user to enter their name and password, Windows uses the credentials you enter with Autologon, which are encrypted in the Registry, to log on the specified user automatically. Autologon is easy enough to use. Just run autologon.exe, fill in the dialog, and hit Enable. To turn off auto-logon, hit Disable.
    DFI LANPARTY SLI-DR
    AMD 64 x2 4800+
    OCZ (2 x 512) DDR600