Thread: Should I use Windows 7 drivers or update the official one

Should I use Windows 7 drivers or update the official one

I had formatted my uncles pc. It is some old core 2 duo desktop with gigabyte motherboard. After installing windows all drivers were updated automatically. The sound is working well and the graphic is also fine. It looks Windows 7 has managed all the drivers on its own. I want to know that can I leave the pc like this or should I update the official drivers. It is really necessary to get those drivers. The system looks to be working fine. I am only confirming so that the system does not crash or give issue in future.

Re: Should I use Windows 7 drivers or update the official one

If the system is working fine then you can leave it. There is no need to update the drivers. It is good if you can check all the things in your pc. Like pay a audio and video files. Play some game and run different software. There are many essential things required after installation. For example installing a codec pack. A codec pack here will help you to run all type of videos and audio in Windows Media Player. Download Klite codec pack and check the same. It is free for use.

Get the updated drivers. The one which you are using are outdated. You can't do much in the same. You must install the latest drivers from the manufacturer website and install the same in your system. Download it from Gigabyte. It add more stability to your pc. Check your lan also. If that is not working then you will face the issue. There are chances that in future some hardware will not working. It is always good to update the latest driver for good output.

That is correct. Just right click on My Computer and then click on Manage. In that go in Device Manager. See that all hardware are installed or not. If you had not used the driver cd then there will be lost of hardware in that with exclamation mark. You can download all fresh drivers from the official site and run the setup. This is necessary. Your lan will not work or your video software might crash while playing videos. This are common issue with old drivers.

If you are not having the driver disc and you are unable to locate the right drivers then there is one thing you can try. You can install a third party driver updater software in your system. This driver updater is the easiest way to resolve the problem. Just run the software and it will automatically update the drivers. You dont have to download. There are ample of them available online. You can download a trail edition and test out.

After updating the drivers there are few more things you have to do. You have to install some additional software. Like acrobat reader. Without this you cannot view pdf files. Install Mozilla Firefox. A good and free browser. Install dot.net, directx, flash player and java updates in your system. This all are needed. You can also run windows update to get some critical security updates and then add a good antivirus. Once this things are done the system will be stable for longer period.