Thread: Asus T100 black screen at shut down problem running Windows 8.1

Asus T100 black screen at shut down problem running Windows 8.1

I am using Asus T100 tablet which is running on Windows 8.1. Whenever I try to reboot this tablet, it hangs for a minute and then gives me a black screen. After this issue, I have to soft reset the tablet to start it up normally. This problem even happens when it is in sleep mode. I have done many hard resets on this tablet but nothing seems to solve the case. Can anyone tell me how do I solve this problem? Thank you

Re: Asus T100 black screen at shut down problem running Windows 8.1

Even I was having similar problems with my Asus T100 tablet but I was able to solve it afterwards. I read from some place that we have to update the tablets BIOS version to the latest, which we can easily get from Asus website. Also, for some people Asus Live Update was not showing any update to the Asus T100 tablet, so people were asked to download it from website, So, to get the new bios just download it from here - https://www.asus.com/Notebooks_Ultra...mer_Book_T100/

I was also facing same problem with my Asus T100 tablet. When I used to put it to sleep mode for some time then the power button wake up was working fine. But if I kept it for longer period, the whole night, then I had to shutdown it for more then 10 seconds and then restart to get the tablet to working. I dont think that it is a firmware issue or something but the hardware itself. Either ways, you can try to download the file and open it in Winflash program which is already installed in your T100 and you can access it from the start menu.

You need to download and update your BIOS version to 216 in your Asus T100 tablet. Check after that the issue is still there or not. One of my friend had it and he did the same. He pressed the power button for sometimes and the display got turned on immediately but other times it takes more than 30 seconds. 2-3 times the tablet didnt start at all when I tried, so I had to do reset the tablet to fix it up. But I still think that the BIOS update is still better if you want to follow it.