Thread: Asus taichi back screen solution after Windows 8.1 update

Asus taichi back screen solution after Windows 8.1 update

I am using an Asus Taichi notebook and recently I have updated it to the latest Windows 8.1 update. After updating it, I am facing problems with the back screen of the Asus Taichi which is not working at all. When I went on the net searching for some solutions I found out that many people were facing similar problems after the update. I noticed that there were not any good solution except for reverting back to Windows 8, so should I revert back or is there any fix for same? Thanks

Re: Asus taichi back screen solution after Windows 8.1 update

The problem that you are facing in your Asus Taichi notebook is sorted out for Windows 8.1 update already. You just need to download the old graphics driver from the asus website here - http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/...Z917102857.zip. Incase you are still having some issues then you need to change your Intel and Windows driver update setting and also turn off auto updating. This solution will be able to get rid of the back screen problem but you might face some other issues in your notebook.

If the above solution doesnt work for you then try to download the new BIOS version for your Asus Taichi 21 or Taichi 21A notebook from this link and this link. They have already released it for public use. But before doing a bios flash you will have to backup your system first and then proceed further. Note that the Taichi 21 uses the BIOS 211 and the Taichi 21A used the 205 version of the bios. Once you have flashed the bios in your notebook then install the Windows 8.1 update again and check if the back screen is working normally.

Incase you are using the Asus Taichi 21 notebook then you use the 2.11 bios or if you are using the Taichi 21A then use the 2.05 bios version and 3412 VGA drivers that you can get from the support website. This way the tablet screen will start to work normally and it will be oreinted properly if Autorotate is enabled. You dont have to use the new Intel VGA drivers since the 3412 version works better and also with WiDi. So, just download the firmware from above link and go with my solution to fix your issue.

how do i update de bios from taichi 21? do you have a step-by-step?

Quote Originally Posted by neabelovale View Post
    how do i update de bios from taichi 21? do you have a step-by-step?
    You can follow the steps given on the below link to update BIOS on your Asus Taichi laptop:

http://support.asus.com/Documents/de.../a&os=&no=1802