Thread: What are the new features of Ubuntu 14.04 "Trusty Tahr"

What are the new features of Ubuntu 14.04 "Trusty Tahr"

I am going to dual boot my pc and install the latest version of Ubuntu on my pc. It is Ubuntu 14.04 "Trusty Tahr". I need the list of new thing this OS has. I had seen that Ubuntu is getting popular day by day due to its effective usage. It works on low hardware and is capable of giving out good performance. I had use the old version before where I found the OS a bit complicated to use. But now I am able to use it properly. What are the new things 14.04 update.

Re: What are the new features of Ubuntu 14.04 "Trusty Tahr"

There are few things which you will really find impressive. The new update is more stable and works well. There is a new lock screen in Ubuntu 14.04 "Trusty Tahr". This screen has a tiny password bottom on the left side. Unique placement makes the screen look more unique. The new os bring out many features in the menu itself. This menu offer more advance options to send a email or to do work on the screen. It is better if you can go and test it once.

I had notice a few changes in the UI. But everything is almost same. If you are using Ubuntu then you must upgrade for more optimum performance. As time goes on Ubuntu is getting more and more easy to use. You have limited things to do here. You can instantly minimize a application, you can simply restore the window, download more application from the store, etc. The look this time is more impressive. It looks more professional.

The new update came out with a 5 year support. I think you must upgrade that instantly if you want to checkout what are the new things in it. I always look for more customization which is not available in Ubuntu. You have option to modify the wallpaper, adjust the icon size and work on other stuff. But when it comes to ab it graphic effect on the screen, then Ubuntu stays back. A few edition released before came out with better onscreen animation effect.

One of the major benefit that many are going to have is good battery output. That means once Ubuntu installed on your laptop you can experience a boost in the battery output. That is because of a low amount of process working in the system. It is an essential solution for many netbook and ultrabooks. Which comes with low battery and when you have windows type of os on the same the battery drain really fast.

New version means more new applications through the software manager. I am using Ubuntu from long time and I always keep this os in my pc as a dual boot solution. It is ideal for data backup also. This time after upgrading to new one I found the UI more simpler than before. There are things in the menu which makes your job more easy. The OS still work on the unity desktop. One thing I look forward is adding multiple desktop in the OS.