Thread: error "Windows 8.1 has found Critical Structure Corruption"

error "Windows 8.1 has found Critical Structure Corruption"

I was using Windows 8 on my computer without any problems. Yesterday I decided to install Windows 8.1 and so after updating my computer to the latest OS when I tried to turn it on today then I started getting a BSOD and an error message that was saying "Windows 8.1 has found Critical Structure Corruption". I have found that this problem usually happens because of a driver but which one is it I am clueless. So if anyone know about a solution then I am all ears. Thanks

Re: error "Windows 8.1 has found Critical Structure Corruption"

Can you try to go into Event Viewer on your Windows 8 system. To go there, click on Start screen and then type Event Viewer. You will get a Event Viewer box, just click to open the event Viewer and then click to open it. Check at the left side and then expand out Windows logs. After that click on Application log and then highlight the first event in the log and then use your arrow keys to scroll down. You might be able to see some Yellow warnings or Red Errors which you need to copy the content to a document and report back here.
    Bethany

Can you try to start the computer in Safe Mode with Networking and then check if the problem occurs. To do that you need to press Windows + C key on your keyboard. After that click on Settings and then more pc settings and then general. Now go down to advanced startup and then click restart now. Now click on Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > Windows Startup Settings. After that click on restart safe mode with networking and then press Enter. Now check if you are still getting the same issue or not.

Try to perform a clean boot and check if that solves your issue, follow the below steps:
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search. Or, if you are using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, and then click Search.
    • Type msconfig in the search box, and then tap or click msconfig.
    • On the Services tab of the System Configuration dialog box, tap or click to select the Hide all Microsoft services check box, and then tap or click Disable all.
    • On the Startup tab of the System Configuration dialog box, tap or click Open Task Manager.
    • On the Startup tab in Task Manager, for each startup item, select the item and then click Disable.
    • Close Task Manager.
    • On the Startup tab of the System Configuration dialog box, tap or click OK, and then restart the computer.