Thread: thread_stuck_in_device_driver error in Windows 8.1

thread_stuck_in_device_driver error in Windows 8.1

I have been using Windows 8 on my computer without any problems. But after installing the latest Windows 8.1 update, whenever I am trying to turn on my pc then a screen comes up with an error message stating as "thread_stuck_in_device_driver". I have tried to search for some solutions for this problem but cannot find anything. So if anyone knows how to solve this problem then please let me know about it. Thanks

Re: thread_stuck_in_device_driver error in Windows 8.1

It seems that you are getting this error because a device driver installed in your pc is causing the OS to stop unexpectedly. I suspect that you have a defective graphics card driver. So to solve this issue, press Windows + X key from desktop and then select Device Manager. After that do you see any yellow exclamation mark next to Display Adapters? If yes, then right click on the device and then click on Properties to check the device status for any error.

I was facing the same problem and found out that it was happening due to the graphics drivers. When I upgraded to Windows 8.1 in my computer then it didnt use to sleep anymore. Also updating the graphics drivers or even uninstalling it using the graphics software used to give blue screen error with this same error called thread_stuck_in_device_driver. Afterwards I uninstalled all the graphics drivers from my pc and reinstalled the latest one by downloading it from the manufacturer's website. Now the problem seems to be solved for me.

For many people the yellow exclamation mark is showing for the USB-IF xHCI USB Host Controller Intel WiUSB device. So, if you a yellow exclamation mark displays in Device Manager for the device labeled USB-IF xHCI USB Host Controller Intel WiUSB then it means that this issue impacts systems running Intel Wireless Display, or Intel WiDi. To solve this issue install WiDi software version 3.5 or higher. See the Intel WiDi Update Tool to download the latest version from here - http://supportkb.intel.com/wireless/.../article/16168