Thread: Unable to mount ubuntu iso on windows 8

Unable to mount ubuntu iso on windows 8

There is a bit issue with my pc. I am trying to dual boot Ubuntu with windows 8. I had updated the system to windows 8.1 and things are working fine. I am trying to install the os directly by mounting the iso file. But when I do that there is nothing on the screen. I am using a free mounting software that I had downloaded recently. I had used the same iso file to install Ubuntu in a different pc where it worked. I did that 2 months ago.

Re: Unable to mount ubuntu iso on windows 8

Can be problem with the mounting tool you are using. I will recommend you to use daemon tool lite. This is a free tool and it is one of the best mounting application. Remove the existing one. If the tool is also not able to give you proper output then you have to get a another iso file which might work. This can be a damage. The best thing you can do here is simply use a ubuntu windows installer tool. Search for Wubi.

Re: Unable to mount ubuntu iso on windows 8

Mounting that iso file is not going to help. You have to create a bootable usb drive for the same. You can simply use unetbooting to create a bootable pen drive. And then use that for the installation of Ubuntu. The good part of using Wubi is that you can install Ubuntu inside windows but this hamper the performance. Create a separate partition and make a dual boot pc with the same. You will get more appropriate output.