Thread: My pc is unable to detect Windows 8 bootable usb

My pc is unable to detect Windows 8 bootable usb

I am using a Kingston pen drive to install windows 8. I had used windows 7 usb tool to create this bootable drive. I want to dual boot my pc. Upon restart I choose the boot device by hitting F12. But this is not detected. The system just turn back to normal. I want a bit help here to make this thing work. I want to install windows 8 and then I will run the windows 8.1 update on the same. It is not working.

Re: My pc is unable to detect Windows 8 bootable usb

Can be issue with the usb. You said you used windows 7 usb tool to make bootable windows 8 pen drive. I think the problem is there. You have to use some other tool that can create the bootable media more properly. I had used unetbootin a number of time to create bootable pen drive. You just have to choose the iso file of your windows 8 os and done. Once the pen drive is created, you can boot your pc and install the OS.

There is one more tool that can help you to do the same thing. You have to use wintobootic. You can create a bootable windows 8 OS through this. It is very easy to use. I had just recently installed windows 8 on my friends pc through this software. The optical drive failed to work due to which I use this software. You have to provide the path of iso file and then test that. It will work. Just format your pen drive before using the tool.

I am using WinUSBMaker. This tool is also one of the best option available to create bootable pen drive. It works fast and does not has any problem. It is also important to check that your iso file is proper or not. If it is not then your system will not boot back through usb. Second thing you have to do is check in the bios that you had enabled boot from other devices. This is also required. Check the bios settings first.