Thread: Windows 8 dual boot gone wrong on Dell desktop

Windows 8 dual boot gone wrong on Dell desktop

I was trying to dual boot Windows 8 with Windows 7. Windows 7 is already installed and I used Windows 8 installation dvd. I remember I had selected the correct location to install this operating system. I am not able to figure out what really happened. I am not able to get Windows 7 back. The system just boot in Windows 8 and that too is crashing with blue-screen. This means I am completely screwed up. Is there a way through which I can restore the old state of my pc.

Re: Windows 8 dual boot gone wrong on Dell desktop

First of all I think it is time to backup your pc. You must boot your pc in safe mode in Windows 8 itself and backup all your data. So that you can simply protect your data and move ahead with full formatting. That is the only way you can keep your system stable. It happens sometime your system fail to work properly when you are trying to install multiple OS. This can be due to outdated drivers or some hardware.

Re: Windows 8 dual boot gone wrong on Dell desktop

Before that there is one more thing you can try. You can try to restore the bootloader back where you will get choice to enter Windows 7. And then you can format the partition where you had installed windows 8. For that you have to use EasyBCD. It is an amazing software through which you can first add the entry of your old OS in bootloader and then boot your pc in that. Then format the windows 8 partition and through same tool remove its entry on boot.