Thread: Is Windows 7 drive imaging good for backup

Is Windows 7 drive imaging good for backup

Windows 7 itself comes with pack of features. Like for backup. I was checking out the Drive Imaging feature in it. I want to know that does this is a reliable solution for backup. I had created a image file and stored in the D drive. I had not yet restored. I want a very reliable solution for restoring my system in case of problem. I use many mobile phone on my pc, so every now and then I am getting virus issue.

Re: Is Windows 7 drive imaging good for backup

I am using Windows 7 Drive imaging from long time. It is a very effective solution. You can simply create a entire clone of your system partition and save it somewhere in the d rive. You can also burn a disc if you want. Drive Imaging is recommended for all those who want to save their time. It is very fast and easy to use. But remember to backup your data before doing this. Because this will wipe out the C Drive completely.

Re: Is Windows 7 drive imaging good for backup

I am using a third party tool for that. I am using Acronis. There must be one feature that none of this drive imaging tool offers. They must give a option to format the partition before restoration. They just overwrite the file back again. Once the system partition is formatted any virus or malware in it is wiped out. This happens in recovery partition which is provided on branded system. But in regular drive imaging tool this thing is missing.