Thread: SeaGate Central 4TB not detected on Windows 8

SeaGate Central 4TB not detected on Windows 8

There is as 4TB Seagate Central hard drive connected on my lan network. There is a problem with the connectivity things. I am unable to find why it is not detected. I had tried to reconnect it several time but it is not working. It is very complicated to save files in that. It is on the lan and it must appear in Windows Network places directly. I am having this problem only my Windows 8. Before it has Windows 7 and the drive was working on that.

Re: SeaGate Central 4TB not detected on Windows 8

Try to connect the drive to your pc directly. This is just for testing purpose whether it is working or not. As far as I know Seagate Central is a lan drive. You just have to configure it and share it. It will remain accessible to all. But if it is not then means the drive has some problem. You have to go in system where it is connected and configure sharing back again. That will help you to fix the issue.

Re: SeaGate Central 4TB not detected on Windows 8

If it was usb drive then I can say that you can update the usb drivers to resolve the issue. But the drive is on lan. You can first try to go on Seagate website and configure it. You can share the drive from there and also you can configure the drive permission. Just go on seagate.com there and configure the drive once again from scratch. You have to provide proper login details to share it. Or you can click the below link to find out for solution.

Seagate Central Troubleshooter