Thread: Windows 8.1 not as stable compared to Windows 8

Windows 8.1 not as stable compared to Windows 8

I do not think Windows 8.1 is stable compared to Windows 8. This is my view and I am not really happy after the upgrade. I was expecting some good changes here but things are entirely different. My system is more slow compared to before. Every time there is a new update popup even after I had done with the installation. Many of my applications are not working. I have the icon on the Metro UI and when I click on that it takes long time to launch.

Re: Windows 8.1 not as stable compared to Windows 8

There can be some compatibility problem in your system due to which you are facing that issue. You have to identify those apps and install them back again to fix the issue. I was having problem with a video editor software after upgrading Windows 8 to Windows 8.1. I removed the app and installed the new version which was compatible and now it is working fine. I think you will also have to do the same thing.

Just update your system with latest updates. In your case it looks windows is not updated and you are getting those update notification again and again. Try to download them manually and install it in your system. It will be much more easier I think. You can find the update on Microsoft website. Just download and add them. After that you can go with cleaning your system. Like removing all those apps which are not required.

I can be due to certain apps in your system which causing the issue. You have to clean your system. It happens that we all update our system without seeing what all software are installed. Many of them will be buggy with windows which is causing the issue. You have to get rid of those first to make your system and then you can install the apps back. Try to find one which is compatible with windows 8.1.

It can be due to some hardware in your system. If you are not having compatible driver then windows performance will be very poor. I had got this issue due to a printer. At first windows crash due to improper driver but after installing the latest one it started working and there is no issue know. In your case you will have to find the issue with your system and then only you will be able to find the problem.