Thread: Windows 8.1 update always shows 15 pending updates

Windows 8.1 update always shows 15 pending updates

Whenever I check for new updates in Windows 8.1 it shows that there are around 15 pending updates. Those are never installed. I am unable to understand this problem. Last time there were more but almost all were installed and now this figure stuck at 15. I need some help here to add them. How can I find this pending updates. Is there are a way to install them manually by downloading it directly from the official site.

Re: Windows 8.1 update always shows 15 pending updates

Can be buggy updates. Leave them. There is no use of installing them manually. Still window update will show you that this things are pending. Sometime it happens that there are improper updates on Microsoft server and that can be fixed automatically. Just leave windows update on and when those updates are fixed it will be installed in your system automatically. You can try checking that in a week.

There are chances that that windows update service is having some problem due to which it is not properly working. You have to restart that. You can do that from Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services > Windows Update. Just right click on that and choose restart. Then reboot your pc and check for the updates once again. Allow the update installation. If it still stucks then the updates are broken.

Update stuck sometime. You cannot do anything in that. If you run system restore the updates will appear back again. Sometime this updates are damage and they do not get installed. There is some pending files which cause this error. You can ignore that. Let Windows update manage it automatically. You can contact Microsoft for that. They will send you a proper update which will surely resolve the issue.

I do not know what really happen to my pc after I installed Windows 8.1. There is a major problem with Windows Update. I had tried to run the same so many times but it is not working. I first though the problem might be from Microsoft end but the issue is with my pc only. I had tried installing update manually still a few are always pending. The best thing you can do is ignore them. They will get installed automatically.

There are few things that you can try out to get rid of the problem. I am going to give you a link that has ample of information on troubleshooting the problem. You can check the link and checkout different solutions here. That will be more helpful.The problem is that there is no diagnostic utility available that can help you to resolve this problem. You have to check each of those things manually.
    Troubleshoot Windows Update problem

Damage updates can cause this problem but most of the time this thing is in few system only. This updates are distributed around the globe. If your system has a malware then you can find this kind of problems. You have to scan your system for the same first. You can use different anti-malware software one by one to find out the solution. Most of them works effectively. If the system is clean and try to check the update once again.

Try to boot your pc in safe mode and run the update. If it is not working then you can go in Control Panel > Uninstall program. Here you have a section on the left side where you can find view installed update. Click on that and one by one remove all the updates. There can be some damage update which is stuck and causing the issue. Once it is removed you can restart the process back again and resolve the problem.