Thread: Windows 7 system always boot on low resolution

Windows 7 system always boot on low resolution

Each time when I reboot my pc it boots on low resolution. I am having a 27inch gaming monitor. It works fine when I am using it for playing game and while watching movies. But when I when shutdown the system and turn it on back again the resolution crashes. The default one is 800x600 on boot while on regular one I am setting that to 1900.

Re: Windows 7 system always boot on low resolution

Looks like your video driver is crashing. Due to which you are facing the issue. You have to update the video drivers. Do you have a graphic card in your system. If yes then what is the mode. If it is nvidia then go on its official site and download the latest driver. It is crashing upon restart and that is why the default resolution settings is restored. By updating that the problem will be resolved.

When you boot your system go in safe mode. Type msconfig in Start > Run box. And see that all startup items related to your video driver is enable. If you are using Nvidia card then there will be a few nvidia services. Enable them all and restart. If this does not work then you have to remove the old driver and install it back again. This will definitely resolve the problem. Your driver is not stable.

That is the reason I am using a auto driver updater software. There are very few of them available which really works. The one which I am using is Driver Booster. This software automatically scan my system for outdated drivers and update them all. I was facing issue with the Bluetooth and lan adapter. After installing this tool constantly new drivers are added. And there is no issue right-now. So just add this tool and check.