Thread: Admin permission denied to remove application in ASPIRE 5742Z

Admin permission denied to remove application in ASPIRE 5742Z

I am having a weird issue with my system. I am trying to remove some application and I am not allowed. I am logged in as admin. But still I am facing issue. There are some toolbars which are installed through some free games. They are slowing down the browser. I can see the utility to remove the same from Control Panel > Uninstall a program. But when I click on remove it is not doing to anything. I want a bit help to resolve the problem.

Re: Admin permission denied to remove application in ASPIRE 5742Z

Looks like there is some problem with the permission thing. What you can do is create a new admin account. You can create that through control panel > user accounts. Offer full privileges and then reboot your pc. Login to the new admin account and try to delete. If it does not work then try to do the same thing in safe mode. There are chances that your system is having virus problem. Scan your pc with a good antivirus.

It can be a virus problem. You might get access denied error on many things. For that you have to run system restore. It is a temporary fix but will really help for the time being. Just run system restore and choose a old date. Then try to remove the application once again. I am sure this will resole the problem. If this does not work then scan your system with good antivirus. Try different one and check. I am sure that will help.

There is a utility available called as subinacl.msi. You can use this to restore the file permission. Just download this and run. If it fails to work then you can use various third party uninstallers. There are ample of them available. 3rd party uninstallers like Revo are far more effective compared to regular one. Because here they will remote the program and as well its old settings quiet instantly. It works with ample of application.