Thread: Unable to start device manager on Windows 8 64bit

Unable to start device manager on Windows 8 64bit

After performing upgrade on Windows 7 I am not able to use Device Manager. It is not working. When I right click on My Computer > Manage nothing happens. Windows ring just keeps on rotating and there is nothing on the screen. What can be the issue. I had upgraded to Windows 8 last month. There was Windows 7 before. Just today I came to know that Device Manager is not working. I am trying to install a usb sound card.

Re: Unable to start device manager on Windows 8 64bit

Looks like you are facing some system file problem. They are either damage or corrupt. Here you can run system restore for the time being to get rid of the problem you are facing. System restore is the fastest way to resolve this kind of problem. Just run that first. If that does not help then I think you will have to re-install windows back. There is no way to directly install Device Manager utility in Windows.

I had got this issue a few months ago due to virus. There was lots of malware in the system. I got constant virus warning. I tried various things to resolve the problem but nothing works. The last thing I did is re-installed windows. I had tried Windows Updates also. But nothing worked. In your case the entire computer management utility failed to work. Better re-install windows back again from scratch. Try to update your system with the latest windows driver. That will help.

Download a troubleshooting utility from the bottom link and run it. This utility will help you in fixing the problem. I had ran this long before. I was also not able to access Device Manager. Later on I found this utility on the official site of Microsoft. And ran it. This one worked. There was no issue at all. Device Manager started working. If this also fails then you will have to follow the above solution of re-installing windows.

Devcie Manager Fixit