Thread: USB-IF xHCI USB host controller driver for Windows 8

USB-IF xHCI USB host controller driver for Windows 8

I have recently upgraded my laptop to Windows 8 and have installed every other drivers that is known. But when I go into the Device Manager I can see that there is warning sign with the driver for USB-IF xHCI USB host controller and Windows is unable to reinstall it. I have searched for the drivers online but cannot find anything. So if anyone knows from where I can get the driver for this controller then please let me know about it. Thanks

Re: USB-IF xHCI USB host controller driver for Windows 8

What is the make and model of the laptop that you are using? Just go to its manufacturers website and search and download its latest chipset drivers onto your desktop. If it is a zip file then extract it with winrar tool to a new folder. So, after extracting, right click on the file and choose Run as Administrator. The installation Wizard will start, simply follow the on screen instructions to install it and then reboot your pc to take effect. Now see whether you are seeing the same problem or not.

The USB-IF xHCI USB host controller is actually the USB 3.0 port on your laptop. There are many people who are facing this same issue in with Usb 3.0 in Windows 8. Or else, just download the latset Widi drivers from Intel from here - http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Deta...=3227&lang=eng. Install all other drivers first, like from display, chipset, etc; and then install this Widi software and the usb controller will be recognized without any issues.

Can you try to go to the below Intel website link, on a page called Intel driver update Utility. This utility actually searches for the latest Intel drivers for the hardware in your computer and then it will list all the drivers that is required to be installed in your machine. After going to the below link simply click on the blue click on the blue tab labelled with "Check your System for Updates" and it will start searching your computer for latest drivers that is available:

http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect