Thread: Blue screen after shifting pc from home to office

Blue screen after shifting pc from home to office

I am having a bit issue when I moved my pc from home to office. I am having a assembled system that has Windows 7 on it. It has 2 GB ram and Core 2 Duo system. I had transferred the system to my work place. I am getting blue-screen errors on it. The pc is transported properly. There is no problem with that. I do not think it is damage or there is any other issue. What can be problem. How to find.

Re: Blue screen after shifting pc from home to office

After shifting the system what new things you had added in the pc. Like printer, usb hub, etc. Any new hardware. If there is nothing then just check the ram. It is possible that while shifting due to shock the ram is misplaced. You can remove and add it back again. Change the slots and check back. You can also use a bootable tool memtest to find out whether the ram you are using is fine or not. Mostly blue screen errors appear due to faulty ram stick.

I had installed printer and pci card that connect my pc to a local storage. It is not having a usb hub. It works through some firewire port and I am not having that in my pc. So the I got a pci card for that. But the instillation was fine and I had installed updated drivers. So I do not think that the pci card is causing the problem. How can I check the cause of this blue screen. I am not able to note down the error.

You can find a bit detail about that in Event Viewer. Just click on Start > Control Panel and in that go in Administrative Tools. You can find a Event Viewer app. This app will give you detailed information on all errors. It will also tell you the file which is causing the crash. You can post that information here. It can be some driver or damage system file that is causing the crash.

Just run system restore and wait back. This will remove any recently installed program or driver. If the system works fine then it means the pci card that you had installed recently is causing the issue. You are not using right drivers for that due to which it is crashing. You have to find proper one. You can use Windows Update here that will help you more in dealing with the problem.

There is a small tool which might help you in dealing with the problem you are facing. Checkout BlueScreenView. This tool can give you a bit information on the error you are facing. Mostly this error is due to damage system files. You can use this tool or you can also post the error description here. There are various ways through which you can troubleshoot the problem.

You will have to provide the entire error code to get solution. Each of this blue-screen has some stop error. It is quiet long and that will help you to deal with the problem you are facing. I also think this problem is due to that firewire card. Just remove that and see whether your system is working properly or not. If yes then you have to find compatible drivers or a new card. You an test that on some other pc.

Before doing anything it is good to run SFC /Scannow. This is a windows internal system file checker utility that will help you to fix damage system files. Just run the utility. It work more better if you run that in safe mode. You have to boot your pc in safe and and in that launch cmd. Type SFC /Scannow and hit enter. That will be enough to fix the problem.